July - Thai Spiced Crab Fishcakes
Why not try something different with left over curry pastes and try our Thai Spiced Fishcakes!
Makes: 4 Fishcakes
Thai Spiced Fishcakes:
- 1 tablespoon of red or green Thai curry paste (you can use Indian pastes too)
- 1 fresh crab - white meat only
- 150g of cold cooked potatoes
- 150g leftover cooked fish, such as Pollock or Haddock
- 60g fresh chopped coriander
- 1/2 red chili
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Thai fish sauce
- Black pepper
- First combine the Thai curry paste, soy sauce, Thai fish sauce and red chili in a mixing bowl.
- Add the potatoes and lightly mash, until fairly smooth.
- Gently fold in the fish, crab and breadcrumbs, careful not to lose all texture.
- Season lightly with black pepper and the chopped coriander. No salt is needed as the soy sauce will season the mixture.
- Place on a griddle pan for 6-8 minutes, crisping up the outside for a crunchy coating.
- Serve warm with light salad and chili sauce.
If you have any coriander left over after this recipe, you can extend the life of the herb by wrapping in a couple of sheets of kitchen towel, folding the ends into a little parcel and flash under a cold tap. Keep in an airtight container or pop it back in the plastic bag they came in with a clip on the top and into the fridge. Coriander stays fresh at least a week this way. For more information visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com